October 17, 2019 | 5780 Views | By Patrick Smith
Today, we announce the official availability of the new ON1 Photo RAW 2020. This new version is the first release in a new line of creative products we announced back in August.
“Customers will immediately notice the speed and quality improvements we’ve made under-the-hood. A lot of great feedback came in from our beta users, and we were able to deliver on their requests in this version,” says Craig Keudell, President and CEO.
What’s New in Photo RAW 2020.
- New AI Match — Match how your raw photos look to what you saw on the back of the camera. This automatically detects when you shoot in black and white or custom film looks in your camera.
- New AI Auto Tone — The new algorithm does a much better job on all types of photos, also controls the amount of auto-tone you want. By analyzing thousands of photos, the algorithm has learned how to do an even better job, especially on tough images.
- New Speed & Performance Updates — Opening raw files in Edit is up to two times faster, and brushing is smoother, even on integrated graphics cards.
- Enhanced Raw Processing for Fujifilm – The decoding of Fujifilm X-Trans raw files has been improved to reduce scalloping and other artifacts.
- New Hottest and Trending Presets — Over 100 new looks and styles curated from today’s hottest photographic trends. We also added tons of new skies, backgrounds, and textures for your masking pleasure.
- New SmugMug Integration — Select photos and videos, then publish them to any of your SmugMug galleries. Even create new galleries and control the size of the photos you upload.
- New Custom Camera Profiles — Get predictable, natural color results by creating custom profiles for your camera and lights. We have partnered with X-Rite, the leader in color management, to make this easy. Photograph an X-Rite target with your camera, then import it into ON1 Photo RAW, then send it to the X-Rite Camera Profiler software to build a custom camera profile.
- Better Noise Reduction — The new state-of-art noise reduction algorithm can reduce noise, both color and luminance independently, while maintaining detail, even with today’s ultra high-ISO cameras.
- New Color Balance Filter — Remove a cross color cast from the shadows or highlights or create unique duotone or tritone tints by adjusting the color and brightness of the highlights, mid-tones or shadows.
- New Weather Filter — With the new Weather filter in Effects, you can add rain, snow, and fog to your photos to create a realistic atmosphere.
- New Channel Mixer Filter — For precise black and white conversions, channel swaps for infrared, or shift entire color ranges.
- New Sun Flare Filter — Add realistic sun spots, lens flares, and bokeh to your shots all powered by real photographs from renowned photographer and educator Matt Kloskowski.
- New Print Module — Print contact sheets, a wall portrait, or tile multiple photos into package prints, the improved print dialog can handle it all. Easily print individual images. Also, print multiple photos on one piece of paper to create packages like 2 5×7’s or 4 4×5’s. Add watermarks and sharpen before you print.
- New Timeline Albums — Exploring your photos by date has never been easier. The new automatic timeline albums organize your photos by year, month, and day.
- New Map View — View where your photos were taken on a map, explore photo locations, and add location metadata to photos that don’t have GPS metadata. Even search by location address to find photos quickly, without having to add additional metadata.
- New Focus Mask Overlay — Now you can view what’s in-focus in our photos easily. The new Focus Mask overlay marks the areas of best focus with green so you can compare similar photos and pick out the sharpest photo quickly.
- More Language Support — ON1 Photo RAW is now localized into eleven languages, giving many more photographers access to the best photo editor out there. It currently supports English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, and Dutch.
- New Enhancements — Before/after image preview splitter, control preset opacity from the preset browser, Windows installer now gives the option to install on other drive, UNC paths on Windows, Lossy Canon CR3 support, Visualize brushstrokes with a red overlay.
- New Camera and Lens Support Added
Stay Tuned with ON1 – 2020 Lifecycle Features.
- New ON1 Photo Mobile Integration — Capture raw photos on your smartphone using the pro-level controls you are familiar with on your interchangeable-lens camera. Photo editing tools for color & tone, enhancing shadows, removing distractions, or adding vignettes, from ON1 Photo RAW will also be available in the new ON1 Photo Mobile 2020 app.
- New ON1 Sync Service Integration — View and edit photos on all your devices without requiring you to store them in the cloud or a closed system. You choose to put your photos on your laptop, desktop, external drive, cloud, or mobile phone, and ON1 Sync will take care of the rest. This new service will also sync albums, presets, and more between all your devices. ON1 Sync 2020 gives you the benefits of the cloud for less and allows you to control where your photos live.
- New AI Integrations — Includes new technologies for faster photo organization, sky replacement, object recognition, color enhancements, and skin retouching.
- New ON1 Video Integration — Use the powerful browser in ON1 Photo RAW to download, preview, and manage our video files as well as your stills. Then seamlessly send them to ON1 Video 2020, the only video editor built specifically for
Supported File Formats.
ON1 Photo RAW 2020 supports raw files for over 800 cameras. Supported file formats also include JPEG, TIF, PSD, PSB, PNG, and DNG. Photo RAW 2020 also continues to work seamlessly within current photography workflows. Version 2020 can be used as a plug-in for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic CC, Photoshop®, and Apple Photos without purchasing a new plug-in version. ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is also perfect for those looking for a standalone photo editing workflow solution.
Price and Availability.
Previous owners of any ON1 product can order the upgrade for just $79.99, and those who don’t own earlier versions of ON1 can order the full version for $99.99. For a limited time, ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is bundled with launch bonuses that include an additional 100 pack of presets covering some of the hottest looks and trends. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2020 works with both Mac and Windows and is a perpetual license (own it forever) for activation on up to five computers. A free 30-day trial with no watermarking and no credit card required is also available.