Hi Everyone! Apple recently released macOS Catalina (10.15), a new desktop software operating system. This article outlines the currently known issues and our compatibility plans for the future.
Which versions of ON1 are compatible with macOS Catalina?
ON1 Photo RAW 2020 (Beta 2), 2019, 2018 and 2017 will work with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) but have known compatibility issues listed below. We suggest you avoid upgrading to Catalina until the compatibility issues are fixed if they will impact your work.
The final shipping version of ON1 Photo RAW 2020 coming later this month will be fully supported.
If you do encounter issues not already documented here, submit a support request.
Will legacy versions of ON1 be compatible with macOS Catalina?
No, legacy versions of ON1 were neither designed nor tested to work on macOS Catalina.
Known compatibility issues:
- Existing Catalog Folders located on the boot volume will not work correctly. The solution is to remove and re-add them. Catalog folders on other drives will work correctly.
- Send to Photoshop or Lightroom does not appear in Browse (workaround instructions).
- Photoshop Plugins do not launch (Hang, spinning beach ball).
- Extra Drives like “Home” and “Recover” listed inside Local Drives.
- In rare cases, if you have disabled sidecars and have the photos stored on the boot volume, previous non-destructive edits will not be applied. Before upgrading to Catalina, enable sidecars, and move the photos to another volume. After upgrading, you can move them back safely.