ON HDR creates flawless, natural HDR photos that combine the highlight and shadow details from a bracket of exposures, in the blink of an eye. You can control the movement, such as clouds and running water with a live preview. ON1 HDR is powered by the same RAW processing and special effects engine behind ON1 Photo RAW, for state-of-art image processing without halos or artifacts. You can even combine multiple renditions of the same HDR photo, or add a different photo, like a sky, using the unique non-destructive layers. ON HDR has everything you need to perfect your HDR photos with powerful tools and presets that showcase your creativity.
What’s New in ON1 HDR 2021
- Spot Healing Brush — A new modern approach to removing distractions like dust spots, power-lines, and unwanted people from your photos. The Spot Healing Brush is not only faster than current tools, it maintains full non-destructive adjustments for each spot you remove. The Clone Stamp has been modernized to function the same way, giving you flexibility in re-editable retouching
- Custom Brush Shapes — Brushing has taken a quantum-leap in control and creativity. Now you can choose from a variety of custom brush shapes or even import your own.
- Tons of new brush shapes included. From hard-edged geometries to make it easier to paint straight edges to organic shapes and even textures to simulate snow, add grass, or even enhance eyelashes.
- New brush controls let you paint naturally. We have added Flow, Angle, and Stamping Rate controls. And of course, pressure sensitivity works for custom brushes too.
- Create a preset that stores your brush tip and all the brush properties so you can easily recreate it.
- Full-Screen Preview — With Full-Screen Preview mode you can hide everything except your photo. It’s perfect for hiding the distractions and really seeing your photo. You can turn the preview on and off to judge your progress. You can still paint and use the tools on a larger canvas too, perfect for small-screen laptops.
- Color-Sensitive Gradient Masks — Everyone knows how powerful the gradient mask tool is. You can quickly create straight, reflected, or round radiant masks that are re-editable and blendable with brush masks. Now you can combine the color-sensitive power we created for the Perfect Brush with the gradient masks. When enabled, it detects the color under the gradient and applies the mask to only that adjustable color range. It makes it a breeze to mask areas like skies while maintaining things like buildings or trees that go into the sky.
- User Interface Improvements — We have taken a measured approach to update the user interface. Based on user feedback we have improved common controls like sliders to have more precision and a longer area for labels so we can be more descriptive. We have also made sure that Layers and the Edit module tabs don’t scroll out of view on a small display or when you have a large stack of filters.
- Color Fill Layers — We have brought back color fill layers to the Layers pane. They are a great way to set a background color for a composite layout. They are also handy when used with the new custom brush shapes for painting in objects like grass, trees, and clouds.
- New Cameras and Lenses — Canon EOS Rebel T8i (850D)*, Canon EOS R5*, Canon EOS R6*, Fujifilm X-S10, Leica M10-R, Nikon Z 5, Olympus E-M10 Mark IV, Olympus E-30, Panasonic DC-S5, Panasonic Lumix DC-G100, Sony A7S III, Sony A7c. *Uncompressed raw files only
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM, Canon G5 X Mark II & compatibles, Canon RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM, NIKON Coolpix P1000, Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S, Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S, Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019, Sony FE 35mm F1.8, Tamron 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD, Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD (B028), Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
- Other Bug Fixes
- Finally capture the range of light to dark you can see with your eyes. ON1 HDR combines a series of photos captured at different brightnesses (exposure bracket) to create a single high-dynamic-range photo that contains all the highlight and shadow details of the original scene. Perfect for landscape and real estate photographers.
- ON1 HDR automatically aligns all of the photos of your bracket, even if you don’t use a tripod.
- You can control the movement in your HDR photos. ON HDR’s unique high-speed algorithm allows you to select which photo you want to take the movement from and see the results in real-time. This is perfect for subjects with motion such as moving clouds or running water. You can take the smooth motion from your longest exposure and still maintain the color and tone from a normal exposure.
- No HDR solution is as fast as ON1 HDR. It has you up-and-adjusting your high-dynamic-range photo in just a few seconds, compared to 30 seconds or more for the competition.
- You don’t have to shoot a bracket of exposures to create an HDR look. With ON1 HDR you can open a single, well-exposed raw photo and use the HDR toolset to reveal all the shadow and highlight detail.
- It’s all about the details and HDR gives you all the tools you need to reduce noise, correct for lens distortion and color fringing as well as sharpen your photos, all with live, visible adjustments.
- Batch process the creation of your HDR files, perfect for real estate photographers.
- Your files will work with HDR’s broad file support. It can handle raw photos from over 800 cameras spanning 20 years. Plus it supports PSD, TIF, JPG, PNG, and HEIC.
- State-of-art raw processing, powered by ON1 Photo RAW, is at the core of HDR. The modern, proprietary engine gives you all the deep raw data, from the darkest shadows to the most subtle highlights instantly. And it’s all non-destructive so you can easily change your settings in the future.
- Remove distractions and blemishes with the awesome content-aware eraser or the familiar clone stamp.
- Crop your photos to recompose or remove distractions.
- The local adjustment tools let you burn and dodge, change color, and enhance details in just the right spot on your photos.
- AI Auto makes the perfect starting point for your edits. It intelligently optimizes the tone and color for you automatically.
- Combine multiple layers of the same HDR photo and use different non-destructive settings on each layer.
- Or add other photos as layers too, for example, another sky to replace a boring one.
- Powerful masking tools like AI Mask and luminosity masking makes combining photos easy, even with tough stuff like branches.
- Nine powerful filters you can mix and combine including color and tone enhancers, HDR Look, Dynamic Contrast, Glow, Black and White, LUTs, and more. It even includes tons of professional-grade presets to get you started.
- With the HDR Filter, you control the appearance, from natural to the classic tone-mapped HDR look.
- World-class masking tools make it easy to blend or target your adjustments. It goes way beyond basic brushing to include the color-sensitive Perfect Brush, the AI-powered Quick Selection tool, gradients, adjustable luminosity masks and more.
- Correct perspective and remove distortion with the keystone and transform tools.
- Print your photos in a fully color-managed workflow and preview how they will look with soft-proofing.
- Sharing your photos is important and ON1 HDR includes flexible export tools. You can control the size, type and name of the files you export.
- If you use SmugMug, you can share your creation with it as well.
SYNC & INTEGRATE
- If you use Adobe Lightroom Classic, the plug-in is included, making it easy to integrate HDR into an existing workflow.
- Support is always available to help answer your questions or solve any issue you may have.
- Language Support — ON1 HDR is localized into eleven languages, giving many more photographers access to the best-darned photo editor out there. It now supports English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Portugese, Italian and Dutch.