New Product Announcement – ON1 NoNoise AI
May 6, 2021
Portland, OR – May 6, 2021 – ON1, creators of ON1 Photo RAW & a line of Professional Photo Editing Plugins for photographers, announce the June release of a new state-of-the-art application for image noise removal. ON1 NoNoise AI aims to give better results than any other noise reduction application on the market today. The app will intelligently remove image noise by leveraging ON1’s AI-based machine learning to remove luminance and color noise while maintaining the ultimate amount of details in photos. It will separate itself from other noise reduction applications by producing ultra-fast results, along with recovering and enhancing an amazing amount of detail.
“This product has been in development for quite a while. We’ve constantly been training the AI models, reviewing results, and comparing those results with other noise removal products out there today. It was no easy task. We knew there was a high bar to clear to say this is the fastest and best product for removing image noise while giving photographers the best results,” says Dan Harlacher, VP of Product.
The ultra-fast live previews will give photographers the speed and results they demand with straightforward controls, including an Auto mode that takes user-guided preferences into account. It will fully integrate into existing workflows by supporting the most common photo editors and file formats, including saving DNG raw files that maintain the whole tonal and color range. The all-new ON1 NoNoise AI will be available as both a standalone application and plugin for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic and Photoshop®, Affinity Photo®, Corel® Paintshop Pro®, Apple Photos, and Capture One®.
“Our dedicated AI team is hitting their stride with this release. Last fall, Portrait AI was the team’s first AI-based product release, which has been a huge success. From the start, we didn’t want to build an AI-based product just because AI is the new trend in software development. The team realizes the potential benefits of implementing AI methodologies in photo editing applications. When AI is done right, it can be a beneficial technology for the photographer. AI can greatly simplify the editing process for the photographer while creating amazing images,” says Craig Keudell, President of ON1.
Key Features in ON1 NoNoise AI
- AI-Based Noise Reduction — Leverages state-of-art machine learning to build an AI network to remove luminance and color noise while maintaining the details like no other application producing excellent results.
- Fast & Easy-to-Use Controls — Results can be viewed in only a fraction of the time it takes other apps to produce viewable results. There are also far fewer controls to adjust without the limitation of sacrificing sharpness to reduce image noise. It creates the best user experience for getting impressive results in a very short amount of time.
- AI-Based Demosaicing — For raw photos, a lot of image noise comes in the demosaicing process that converts a raw photo into a standard photo. Combining this step with the noise reduction during the AI training in ON1 NoNoise AI will achieve both better noise reduction and help increase detail and sharpness.
- Saves Raw DNGs and More — Open raw photos from over 700 cameras, including Fujifilm, and file types common to photography like DNG, JPG, TIF, PNG, etc. When it comes to saving results, it can create industry-standard DNG raw files with the complete tonal and color range for use in most editors.
- Combine and Mask — ON1 NoNoise AI will include the ability to combine multiple renditions of a photo along with multiple photos as layers. This will allow customers to use powerful built-in masking tools to blend and combine them at different levels of noise reduction and sharpening on different areas of the photo.
- Auto with User Preferences — The Auto button will analyze the photo and determine the correct amount of noise reduction using ON1’s AI models. User preferences will also guide auto for noise reduction. For example, if a customer wants to maintain some grain in the photo or not.
- Exclusive Progressive Sharpening — Includes the ON1 exclusive Progressive Sharpening algorithm to enhance the sharpness and details based on the size of the details in the photo, without the halos and artifacts that other sharpening techniques can create.
- Presets — Create your own presets to define your NoNoise style. It comes with presets to get you started.
- Batch Processing — Batch process an entire folder of photos. For each photo, the correct amount of noise reduction and sharpening can be added. Or open a series of photos and adjust each photo to your desired settings. You can even copy and paste settings from one photo to another.
- Plugin Support — ON1 NoNoise AI works as a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Capture One, Affinity Photo, Corel Paint Shop Pro, or Apple Photos.
Price and Availability
The official release of ON1 NoNoise AI will be July 6th. Owners of ON1 Photo RAW 2021 or other 2021 ON1 apps and plugins will receive special discounted pricing for this all-new product once preorders begin in late May.
Customers can also submit their own noisy images to ON1 via the NoNoise AI Challenge. ON1 moderators will sift through the submissions, process noisy photos, and share results on the challenge page. Moderators will choose four images each week leading up to the release, and ON1 will share the results. Those who get their photo posted on the challenge page will also receive ON1 NoNoise AI once released, free of charge.
For more information, please click here.