We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new ON1 Photo RAW 2018.1, the first major free update to Photo RAW 2018. Version 2018.1 isn’t just about the new features, although there are many powerful new additions. We’ve been very focused on image quality and the results customers get from using ON1 Photo RAW. Image quality and performance are the top priorities in every update, and we are very excited for our customers to experience these improvements for themselves in this update.
- Debayering – The algorithms have been improved to increase the amount of micro detail while reducing aliasing, yielding photos that are noticeably crisper with less color artifacts.
- HDR – HDR alignment and deghosting have improved, yielding sharper results with less ghosting, noise, and color fringe. Users now have the ability to select which frame is used for deghosting and can also adjust the amount of motion visible in water and clouds.
- Faster Cataloging – The thumbnail and preview generation of images is now faster. Searching photos has also been improved.
- Noise reduction – Improvements to reduce large noise from very high ISOs. Automatic hot-pixel removal has been added, and green and purple color aberration reduction has improved.
- Sharpening – The sharpening algorithms have been improved to enhance micro details and provide sharper initial results.
- Panorama – The panorama merge dialog now does a better job with vertical panoramas as well as really large ones. It can now stitch together up to 25 photos at a time. Blending of photos to compensate for differences in exposure and white balance have been improved.
- Preview Quality – The preview window has been improved to more accurately reflect the details and sharpness in photos at different zoom levels.
- NEW Import – Get photos from your camera to your computer, choose where you want the photos to go, assign metadata, and more.
- NEW Tethered Shooting – Get your photos to your computer instantly and apply import settings. Currently supports Canon and Nikon.
- NEW Soft Proofing – Simulate what your photo will look like when it’s printed.
- NEW Metadata Templates – Add metadata to a group of photos using presets. This allows you to choose and save only the information you want applied to your photos.
- NEW Video Browsing & Organizing – Now supports viewing video files so you can organize those as well. Copy, move, name, add metadata, and more.
- NEW Custom Sorting – This option in Browse allows you to put your photos in any order you choose.
- NEW Batch Rename – Rename all of your photos in a batch to add unique information to filenames.
- NEW Edit Capture Date – Adjust date and time on your photos so they match the actual date and time they were taken.
- NEW Auto Advance – Automatically switch to the next photo during the culling process when rating or tagging photos.
- Additional Camera & Lens Support — Added support for several new cameras and many new lenses. See the full list here.
ABOUT ON1 PHOTO RAW
ON1 Photo RAW 2018.1 is the only photo editor designed by photographers for photographers. Our unique community-driven development approach via The Photo RAW Project gives customers a voice in how it’s designed, allowing users to submit ideas and vote on new features. With fast photo management, hundreds of customizable photo effects, powerful masking tools, HDR, panos, layers, and other Lightroom and Photoshop-like features, Photo RAW 2018.1 is the ultimate all-in-one photo editor and raw processor with no subscription.
As our CEO Craig Keudell puts it “Our vision for Photo RAW has always been that it would the fastest, most flexible, and easiest-to-use raw processor and photo editor on the market. A single photography centric photo editor with powerful Lightroom® and Photoshop®-like features photographers can own and enjoy for many years. Photo RAW has come a long way in a short time and we are both excited and very busy building new exciting technologies for our next update.”
ON1 Photo RAW 2018.1 isn’t just for raw files. Supported file formats include JPEG, TIF, PSD, PSB, PNG, and DNG are supported and benefit from the speed, performance, and abundance of editing tools in the app. Photo RAW 2018.1 continues to work seamlessly within current photography workflows. The app integrates as a plug-in for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic CC and Photoshop® CC and further builds its case as a complete standalone photo editor or alternative to the Adobe Photography Plan. Version 2018.1 also integrates with the major cloud services to allow for uploading, managing, and editing photos across multiple computers. This allows users to sync photos and their edits across multiple computers or in a studio setting.