February 16, 2021 | 7752 Views | By Patrick Smith
Photo by Hudson Henry.
Small enhancements make a big difference, and ON1 Photo RAW 2021.1 is full of improvements. Photo RAW 2021.1 is the hassle-free, professional photo organizer, raw processor, layered editor, and effects app. It’s perfect for those seeking an ultra-convenient all-in-one photo editing solution to produce high-quality results at a tremendous value. We offer photographers the choice in purchasing their software with both perpetual or subscription license options for ON1 Photo RAW.
If you own ON1 Photo RAW 2021, you can download the free update and read the full list of improvements here.
New in ON1 Photo RAW 2021.1
- Enhanced ON1 Portrait AI — Face detection is now much faster and more accurate. We’ve also added the ability to brighten up the region around the eyes with a single slider. Improving the shine reduction has also been a priority, and now you can more aggressively bring natural-looking skin color back to the overexposed shiny areas.
- Import Adobe Brush Preset Files — Now, you can easily import brushes in the Adobe (.ABR) brush preset file format. Many of the creative brushes available for download or purchase online use this format.
- Don’t Import Suspected Duplicates — When you use the Import from Device dialog to import/download your photos from a camera, phone, or memory card, Photo RAW keeps track of the photos you have already downloaded and can prevent you from downloading them again, reducing duplicate files.
- Improved Localized Date and Number Formats — We have improved support for different local preferences for date, time, and number formats.
- Slider Control Improvements — We made improvements to slider controls based on feedback from our users. Now you can double-click on the slider handle (in addition to the slider label) to reset the slider. You can also click and hold on a slider label to temporarily show the slider at the default, usually off. That makes it work like an on/off preview for any slider.
- Disable Automatic Adjustments — For RAW Photos, several fail-safe automatic adjustments may be made to improve photo quality. However, these can now be disabled for technical and scientific photography via the preferences.
- New Cameras for RAW Support — Nikon Z 6 II, Nikon Z 7 II, Leica SL2-S
- New Lens Profiles —Canon EF 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM, Canon RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM, LEICA SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH, NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S, NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR, NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED, Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS, Tamron E 20mm F2.8 F050
New in ON1 Photo RAW for Mobile 2021 (iOS, iPadOS, Android)
- Export/Share Original — Save or share the original file to your camera roll, connected device, or files app, including support for raw.
- Improved Discoverability for Importing Photos — The import icon has been added to the dock to make it more accessible and discoverable.
Pricing & Availability
ON1 Photo RAW 2021.1 for computers is available to order or download as a 14-day trial. Owners of any previous version of any ON1 product can sign in to their ON1 account and receive upgrade pricing. ON1 Photo RAW is available to purchase as either a perpetual license or subscription. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW includes Windows and macOS versions, for use on two computers, and support for 11 languages.
Now until February 26th, any purchase of the new ON1 Photo RAW 2021.1 includes bonuses of over 450 additional ON1 Presets and the popular ON1 Photo RAW Foundations video course.