We are excited to announce ON1 Photo RAW 2019, an all-new photo editing experience and a major upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW, available this November. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will include an abundance of new features and technologies along with a streamlined workflow that is elegant, powerful, and easy to learn. Notable new features include a new non-destructive workflow for layers, auto-alignment of layers, focus stacking, a new portrait module, a new AI-powered masking tool, a new text tool, new digital asset management updates and more. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will include the tools photographers need in a single well thought out photography workflow application.
Dan Harlacher, VP for Products states, “ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will give photographers the features they use the most from the Lightroom® and Photoshop® worlds in a single application. This is what we mean by an all-new photo editing experience. We want to keep the photographer’s workflow fast and efficient.”
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will also include significant enhancements to the migration process for customers looking to switch from Lightroom®. Version 2019 will be one of the first solutions to utilize AI-powered algorithms to transfer and display Lightroom edited photos in ON1 Photo RAW 2019. The transferred settings will also remain non-destructive and be re-editable inside ON1 Photo RAW 2019.
“A big hurdle for customers looking to adopt a new workflow is the fear of losing years and years of work. We want to remove that hurdle by giving them the ability to keep their edited photos and more importantly keep them in a non-destructive workflow when making the switch to Photo RAW,” says Craig Keudell, President.
The ON1 community continues to drive the development of ON1 Photo RAW based on what’s most important for their photo editing needs. Every new feature and improvement made in version 2019 is a direct result of community input through the ON1 Photo RAW Project.
- A New Workflow for Layers – ON1 Layers will no longer be a separate module. Instead, the power of layers will be accessible within the non-destructive workflow inside of Develop and Effects. This will allow for creating or editing multi-layered files, including raw files, and keep the non-destructive settings for each photo layer. Customers will also be able to move, size, and mask each layer. More importantly, and a new concept, each layer has its non-destructive settings, all the way back to the original file. What’s most exciting is if you are working with raw files, powerful adjustments like exposure, highlights, shadows, and camera profiles can now be processed using the raw data in a layered photo workflow. All without having to change modules or applications.
- New Lightroom Photo Settings Migration – New AI-powered algorithms will give customers the ability to transfer Lightroom edited photos, keep the non-destructive settings, and move them into ON1 Photo RAW. The updated Lightroom Migration Tool in version 2019 will transfer almost every edit you can make in Lightroom including raw processing, crop, retouching and local adjustments along with folders, photos, albums, and metadata.
- New Focus Stacking – Automatically blend a series of photos at different focus distances to increase depth-of-field. It’s so fast, you can adjust the focus in real-time, just like changing the focus on your lenses. Think of it like HDR, but for focus instead of exposure.
- New Auto-Align Layers – Easily combine multiple photos as layers, then automatically align them based on image content, making it easy to mask and blend them together.
- New AI Masking Tool (coming in December) – This new tool, powered by AI, will allow customers to easily identify areas of your photo to create a selection or mask and the AI technology detects your subject matter and automatically creates a beautiful mask.
- New Portrait Module – The new Portrait module will automatically detect faces in your photo allowing you to easily retouch, smooth skin, brighten and sharpen eyes, and whiten teeth.
- New Text Tool – The new text tool will be perfect for creating posters, adding your byline or adding editing annotations. Easily control font size, color, position, and more and then save a preset to add the same text overlay to a batch of photos quickly.
- New Master Keyword List – Now you can see every keyword you use in a single, searchable list. You can quickly apply, clear, edit, or delete keywords.
- Improved Local Adjustments – Local adjustments will be updated to use the raw processing data. This allows for more highlight and shadow details with more tonal range.
- New Layered HDR Workflow – With the powerful new non-destructive live layers you can combine other photos, text or alternate exposures with your HDR photos. Use the powerful masking tools to combine multiple HDR renditions even.
- New Filter Options in Effects – We have added dedicated film grain, curves, color adjustment filters to Effects. This lets you add film grain to color photos and make advanced, targeted color and tone adjustments faster. There’s even a new filter selector that allows you to search for filters, learn what they do and even view a sample before you add them.
- New User Interface – The new user interface will have a fresh and modern feel. Overall contrast has been reduced to make photos stand out along with a new font to help increase readability. Updated, icons, tabs, and sliders will also take up less visual space.
- New Supported Cameras and Lenses – Added support for the latest cameras and lenses.
Price and Availability
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is available to pre-order now at an introductory special of $99.99 for a limited time. Previous owners of any ON1 product can pre-order at a special introductory upgrade price of $79.99 for a limited time. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is also available as part of an ON1 Plus Pro membership for a limited time for $129.99/year (Reg: $149.99/year). ON1 Plus Pro includes a perpetual license of ON1 Photo RAW along with in-depth post-processing and photography education from the industries best trainers such as Matt Kloskowski, Hudson Henry, Tamara Lackey and many more. All of it is easy to follow along and fun.
A 30-day free trial of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will be available when the product officially arrives this November.
A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes both macOS and Windows installers and activation for up to five computers. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, world-class customer support, hundreds of free video tutorials, and free ON1 Loyalty Rewards every month.
What’s Ahead for ON1
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will include several free updates over the next year with all-new photo organizing and editing features, AI-powered algorithms to enhance workflows, other feature refinements, as well as updates for cameras and lenses. The first free update will arrive soon after the initial release (in December) and include a new AI-powered tool for creating masks.
Craig Keudell states, “You will see AI-powered technologies manifest into Photo RAW where it makes sense. We aren’t looking to use these technologies to take anything away from the creative process, but to enhance it and make it much more efficient.”
ON1 is also working on solving additional problems for customers who share files across multiple computers or work environments as well as those customers who are shooting video as part of their photography process.
“As we peek into the not so distant future, we have much bigger plans at ON1. We will continue to be a transparent company when it comes to what we are building, but we are not quite ready to unveil what we have in store for the photography community just yet. Rest assured, ON1 is researching and building exciting new features and products to benefit all levels of photographers for years to come,” says Craig.
About ON1 Photo RAW 2019 – An All-New Photo Editing Experience
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will include everything photographers look for when editing their photos including an integrated raw processor, photo organizer, pixel editor, and layered file workflow. It’s like having Lightroom and Photoshop® in one application without paying a monthly subscription. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will also use ON1’s state-of-the-art processing engine providing a fast, smooth, comfortable, and fun photo editing experience while producing the highest quality results for your photos.
Photo RAW seamlessly integrates the features of photo organizing, non-destructive editing, layering capabilities, the best masking and selection tools, portrait retouching, hundreds of photo effects, text, HDR, automated panorama stitching, photo resizing, and more into one powerful yet easy-to-use software application.
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 isn’t just for raw files. Supported file formats include JPEG, TIF, PSD, PSB, PNG, and DNG are supported and benefit from the speed, performance, and abundance of editing tools in the app. Photo RAW 2019 will also integrate as a plug-in to Adobe® Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC and will continue to work as a standalone photo editor and rival the Adobe Photography Plan. Like the current version, version 2019 will integrate with the major cloud services to allow for uploading, managing, and editing photos across multiple computers. This enables users to sync photos and their edits across multiple computers or in a studio setting.