Version 2017.1 (or build 18.104.22.16808 ) is available for immediate download. This release has some very exciting new features, upgrades in performance, and fixes several issues reported by ON1 customers. We also want to let you know some of the new features and updates we outlined during the initial release (in December) are taking longer to integrate than we originally anticipated. We will have an updated timeline for the remaining features very soon and will post it here on the blog. Your feedback has been highly valuable in helping us prioritize what each update includes. We still plan on bringing you new features and updates to ON1 Photo 2017 free of charge.
2017.1 Updates (Download the update and read the full release notes here):
- NEW COLOR FILM PRESETS — These accurately reproduce the look of 30 current and classic color slide and negative films
- Faster, more accurate retouching and refine results — When you use the Perfect Eraser, Retouch Brush or Refine Brush we store and replay the results in a much faster way. This makes exporting faster, reloading faster and makes the previews in Browse consistent
- WINDOWS HIGH DPI SUPPORT — We have added support for greater than 100% display scaling. ON1 Photo now looks much better on Windows tablets and 4K displays
- NEW EDITED PHOTO BADGES — Now photos in edited in ON1 Photo 2017 are identified with a badge in Browse. Also the reset items in the Settings menu are context-sensitive so you can see what kind of edits you have added to a photo. Last but not least, when you return to Develop or Effects after editing, the panes and filters will be rolled-up so you have a quick list of what work you performed on a photo
- NEW WORKSPACES & STARTING-POINT PRESETS — For Develop, we have added two new categories of presets to help you configure the correct panes for different genres of photos.
- REDUCED VRAM USAGE — We have dramatically reduced the amount of VRAM needed. This means older video cards will work better and you can open larger panorama photos now
- FASTER BROWSE — We have made a ton of improvements to performance in Browse. Scrolling is now smoother, Detail and Filmstrip view are faster, rolling down sub-folders is faster and we made improvements to performance for slow drives like NAS devices
- NEW CAMERA UPDATES — Added support for: Canon PowerShot G9X Mark II, Fuji X-A3, Fuji X-T20, Fuji X100F, Panasonic DMC FZ80, Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82, Panasonic LUMIX DMC GH5, Panasonic LUMIX DMC LC1, Panasonic Lumix GX850, Pentax K-P, FujiFilm GFX 50S, Sony A99 MKII, Nikon B700 (preliminary), Autel Cameras.
- NEW SKY TEXTURES — We’ve added a bunch of new skies to the backgrounds and textures libraries for replacing skies or simulating multiple-exposures
- Added support for HDR and Panorama DNG
- Additional bug fixes and performance upgrades
We also have several new and key features coming as free updates you can look forward to for ON1 Photo RAW 2017. These include powerful new features like lens correction, Kelvin temperature, and compare mode to name just a few. The next update will be available in the mid-May/June time frame. As we get closer to delivering the release, we will work on keying you in on an availability date. We have every intention of following through to bring better performance, quality and new key features for ON1 Photo 2017 via free updates. You can check out what we’ve done so far here.