April 26, 2021
Portland, OR – April 26, 2020 – ON1, developers of software applications and plugins for photographers, released a new update for ON1 Photo RAW. The new version 2021.5, a free update for owners of version 2021, includes enhancements for faster workflows, new features, and a highly integrated plugin experience for Lightroom® Classic. Photo RAW will allow photographers to work with multiple photos, non-destructive editing, and enhanced batch processing capabilities between the two applications compared to other plugins.
“Photo RAW 2021 includes over 20 major features and enhancements since its release. We’ve been working nonstop to bring customers new features and updates while improving their existing Photo RAW workflows. 2021.5 brings some big features for improving the speed and editing processing throughout,” says Dan Harlacher, VP of Product.
Professional Photos without the Hassle
ON1 Photo RAW 2021.5 for computers is the hassle-free, professional photo organizer, raw processor, layered editor, and effects app. It’s perfect for those seeking an all-encompassing editing solution in one software application with both Adobe® Lightroom Classic and Photoshop® like features included. Photo RAW produces professional-quality results at a tremendous value. ON1 also offers photographers the choice in how they purchase with both lifetime or subscription license options for ON1 Photo RAW.
New Features in ON1 Photo RAW 2021.5 for Computers
- Customize Keyboard Shortcuts — The new Shortcuts dialog allows you to view and change what keyboard shortcut, or hotkey, is used for most functions. You can change the key used to access any tool, tool option, module, or menu item. You can even assign shortcuts to menu items that don’t have a shortcut yet. It’s perfect if you live in a locale that doesn’t use the QWERTY keyboard layout.
- Keyboard Control of Tone & Color — The powerful new shortcuts can also be used with the most-used image adjustments located in Develop’s Tone and Color pane. You can now adjust the exposure, contrast, shadows, highlights, and white balance options using keyboard shortcuts or the mouse scroll wheel. You can even adjust these controls with an external control surface like a Stream Deck, Loupedeck, Monogram, or similar devices.
- Cloud Sync for Presets and Extras — Cloud Sync now keeps your presets and extras like backgrounds, borders, textures, LUTs, etc. all in sync across all your computers. When you create a new preset or install a preset pack it automatically syncs to your other computers. This even works for saved filter styles, import presets, color profiles. You name it, it all stays in sync now.
- Re-editable Smart Photos for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic — Now you can re-edit your adjustments made in ON1 Photo RAW, maintaining your non-destructive workflow with Adobe Lightroom Classic. From Lightroom, you can send photos to ON1 Photo RAW, where you can retouch, crop, create layers, and add effects. The results round trip back to Lightroom as a normal Photoshop PSD where you can view and export them. If you want to adjust your settings made in ON1 Photo RAW, simply send it back to Photo RAW and all your settings are still there. You can re-crop, change the retouching, adjust the layers, or add or change filters.
- Batch Processing for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic — Now you can batch-process photos from Lightroom Classic with ON1 Photo RAW. You control the file types created and the settings to apply. It could be a preset or your own manual adjustments. You can adjust the first photo, and have the same settings applied to all the other photos, or pause on each photo to tweak the settings to your needs. For portrait photos, let the AI-based auto mode take over. It finds every face, analyses it,
- and adds the perfect amount of skin smoothing, and eye and mouth enhancements.
Learning Hub — The Learning Hub puts the information you need to be successful right at your fingertips. This floating window lets you access the video library, user guides, support pages, and loyalty rewards from right inside the app.
- New Cameras for RAW Support — Fujifilm GFX-100S, Sony Alpha 1, Sigma fp L. Updated tethered shooting for Canon and Nikon cameras.
New Features in ON1 Photo RAW 2021.5 for Mobile
- Histogram — A histogram is an essential tool for judging brightness and contrast adjustments while editing your photos.
- Save Local Copies of Cloud Sync Photos — For users of ON1 Cloud Sync, you can download local copies of edited photos stored on your computers for additional editing and sharing.
- File Info — Now you can view essential photo info like camera information.
Pricing & Availability
Version 2021.5 is a free update for owners of ON1 Photo RAW 2021. ON1 Photo RAW 2021.5 for computers is available to order or download as a 14-day trial. Owners of any previous version of any ON1 product can sign in to their ON1 account and receive upgrade pricing. ON1 Photo RAW is available to purchase as either a lifetime license or subscription. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW includes Windows and macOS versions, for use on two computers, and support for 11 languages. A lifetime license (also referred to as a perpetual license) is a one-time payment to license ON1 Photo RAW outright, with software updates included. You will also receive discounted upgrade pricing and save on future major upgrade versions (for example, going from version 2018, 2019, 2020 to version 2021). If you choose to subscribe to ON1 Photo RAW, either monthly or annual plans, you will always get the latest major upgrades of the software at no extra cost. These plans also allow you to sync photos, edits, presets, and more across your computers and mobile devices.