April 9, 2020
We are excited to announce a new photography application for creating natural and flawless HDR photos in seconds. The new ON1 HDR 2020, for Mac and PC, works as a standalone app or as a plug-in for Lightroom CC Classic. Perfect for merging multiple bracketed photos into a single stunning high-dynamic-range (HDR) image. It can also be used to edit a single photo to create a realistic HDR look by leveraging ON1’s powerful HDR and Dynamic Contrast Filters. ON1’s ultra-fast HDR processing technology makes it the fastest way to create HDR photos.
Note: ON1 HDR 2020 is also available as a module in the current release of ON1 Photo RAW 2020. For anyone who owns Photo RAW 2020, they already have ON1 HDR 2020.
Key Feature Features in ON1 HDR 2020.
- Finally capture the range of light to dark you can see with your eyes. ON1 HDR combines a series of photos captured at different brightnesses (exposure bracket) to create a single high-dynamic-range photo that contains all the highlight and shadow details of the original scene. Perfect for landscape and real estate photographers.
- No HDR solution is as fast as ON1 HDR. It has you up-and-adjusting your high-dynamic-range photo in just a few seconds, compared to 30 seconds or more for the competition.
- Automatically aligns all of the photos of your bracket.
- ON1 HDR’s unique high-speed algorithm allows you to control movement in HDR photos and see the results in real-time. Ideal for subjects with motion, such as moving clouds or running water. You can take the smooth motion from your longest exposure and still maintain the color and tone from a normal exposure.
- Open a single, well-exposed raw photo and use the HDR toolset to reveal all the shadow and highlight detail.
- Noise reduction, lens correction, distortion, and color fringing, as well as sharpening, all with live visible adjustments are available.
- Batch process the creation of your HDR files, the perfect solution for real estate photographers.
- ON1 HDR’s broad file support can handle raw photos from over 800 cameras spanning 20 years. ON1 HDR also supports PSD, TIF, JPG, PNG, HEIC, and ONPhoto, ON1’s proprietary lossless, re-editable format.
- State-of-art raw processing, powered by ON1 Photo RAW, is at the core of HDR. The modern, GPU-powered engine gives you all the deep raw data, from the darkest shadows to the most subtle highlights instantly. All editing is also non-destructive.
- Remove distractions and blemishes with the excellent content-aware eraser or clone stamp.
- Local adjustment tools for dodging and burning, changing color, and enhancing details are available.
- AI Auto makes the perfect starting point for your edits. It intelligently optimizes the tone and color for you automatically.
- Combine multiple layers of the same HDR photo and use different non-destructive settings on each layer or add other photos as layers too, for example, another sky to replace a boring one.
- Powerful masking tools like AI Mask and luminosity masking makes combining photos easy.
- Nine powerful filters to mix and combine with HDR photos include Curves,, HDR Look, Dynamic Contrast, Glow, Black and White, LUTs, and more. ON1 HDR also includes tons of professional-grade presets built right in.
- World-class masking tools make it easy to blend or target your adjustments. It goes way beyond basic brushing to include the color-sensitive Perfect Brush, the AI-powered Quick Selection tool, gradients, adjustable luminosity masks, and more.
- Print your photos in a fully color-managed workflow and preview how they will look with soft-proofing.
- Sharing your photos is important, and ON1 HDR includes flexible export tools. You can control the size, type, and name of the files you export.
About ON1 HDR 2020
ON HDR creates flawless, natural HDR photos that combine the highlight and shadow details from a bracket of exposures, in the blink of an eye. You can control the movement, such as clouds and running water with a live preview. ON1 HDR is powered by the same RAW processing and special effects engine behind ON1 Photo RAW, for state-of-art image processing without halos or artifacts. You can even combine multiple renditions of the same HDR photo, or add a different photo, like a sky, using the unique non-destructive layers. ON1 HDR has everything you need to perfect your HDR photos with powerful tools and presets that showcase your creativity.
ON1 HDR is currently available from the ON1 website at an introductory special for just $39.99 (normally $49.99). A fully functioning 30-day free trial of ON1 HDR 2020 is also available for download now, no credit card required. A single purchase of ON1 HDR 2020 includes Windows and macOS versions, support for 11 languages, and allows for activation on five computers. This new HDR app works as both a standalone application and as a plug-in for Adobe Lightroom Classic.