We are very excited to share what’s coming to ON1 Plus in 2019. We have big plans for enhancing the member experience, including new features for our members, new video courses, a new video series, new rewards, and much more! Also, next year we plan on making every new ON1 Plus video available for download.
First, let’s talk about how we are going to update the way we deliver the videos (both monthly topics and courses). The new content delivery format will make it easier for members to learn at their own pace and greatly enhance the overall experience.
Traditionally, the delivery format for videos in ON1 Plus included a guest coach and topic covered in about 3-5 videos over the course of a month.
Starting in 2019 the coaches will kick off their topic or theme by releasing all of the videos in the series at the start. Each of the videos will also be available to download immediately so you can archive and watch them offline. Additionally, each course and series will additional elements such as sample files, written guides, presets and other creative materials. The coaches will then be available to help answer questions and respond for as long as the content and training is relevant. We will hold live Q&A sessions, review lessons, introduce contests or challenges, and actively engage on that topic following each release.
The new format will also cover a bunch of new topics and themes centering around both ON1 Photo RAW software training and photography training.
Not an ON1 Plus member? Join today
Each month in 2019 we will introduce a new video training series covering post-processing. These topics were chosen by ON1 Plus members back in July.
The 2019 ON1 Plus Software Courses include:
- TACK SHARP – Making sense of detail, structure, sharpening, and dynamic contrast tools
- CREATIVE LOOKS – How to use presets, create your own, and apply the latest trends and styles to your images
- FOCUS STACKING – Learn how to use this fantastic feature best
- RETOUCHING – Removing distractions and blemishes
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) – Organizing, metadata, photo management, and optimizing your Browse experience
- RAW PROCESSING 101 – Color and tone correction perfection
- MASKING – Knocking out backgrounds, sky replacements, and head swaps
- SHOOT TO PRINT – Color management, resizing and preparing your photos for print
- FILTER PANES & LOCAL ADJUSTMENTS – An advanced look at using masks, blend modes, custom color ranges, and local adjustments
- PORTRAIT – A guide for creating beautiful portraits
- 2 BONUS COURSES – We will let the community decide and vote on the last two courses.
Not a Plus member? Join today
ON1 Plus members also chose the six new photography courses for next year. These will include in-the-field shooting instruction, and then we’ll bring it back home to edit those photos in ON1 Photo RAW.
The 2019 ON1 Plus Photography Courses include:
- Scene to Screen: The Core Photo Course – ON1 Photo RAW 2019 Edition (Winter 2019)
- Street & Lifestyle (Early Spring 2019)
- Sports & Action (Spring/Summer 2019 )
- Conquering Difficult Lighting Scenarios (Fall 2019)
- Time-Lapse (Fall 2019)
- Composition (TBD)
- How to Capture Video (TBD)
In addition to the courses and monthly topics, we will also intermix a new and easy to follow video series. These videos will include the best practices for how to shoot certain subject matter. Throughout 2019 we will cover how to shoot various locations and scenarios. These full videos will cover everything you need to know about how to shoot the subject, gear considerations, what to understand at the scene, and how to get the best looking photos possible in post-processing.
The How to Shoot Scenes and Scenarios include:
- Outdoor Portrait
- Sunrise and Sunset
- In Studio Object
- Milky Way
- Concert & Events
Keeping up with the latest photography trends, each month next year we will have exclusive tip videos to keep up with the hottest requests from the ON1 Plus community, these short single videos will include editing tips, gear reviews, travel and location advice and more.
Finally, ON1 Plus members will continue to receive double the monthly ON1 Loyalty Rewards, exclusive Photo Critique sessions, Plus-only live events, and much more. ON1 Plus means more!
We are very busy building a new ON1 Plus Video Library. We’re completely overhauling the current video library to make it bigger and better. The new video library will make it easier to find, search and filter with a new video library profile to customize your experience.
The new ON1 Video Library will be THE place to find and organize all of your ON1 video content. Some of the new features will include the following.
- Discoverability: Advanced Search and Filtering capabilities
- Custom Video Profile
- Save Favorites
- Save for later viewing
- Recently watched
- Recommended videos based on ON1 Plus member persona
We can’t wait for what ON1 Plus 2019 has in store for the Plus community. We are very excited about our plans for the next year and we can’t wait to make 2019 our best year yet!