March 30, 2017 | 4955 Views | By Dan Harlacher
UPDATE: 3.31.2017 – We will email owners the news about the Version 2017.1 release on Monday. We will update you here on the blog as soon as it is available for download also. You may see the auto update pop up in the app between now and Monday, so if you do get it go ahead and download it to use 2017.1. In any case, you will get email notification and download links here on Monday. Hopefully, all that makes sense. Have a great weekend!
Hello Everyone, Version 2017.1 is coming on Monday! We will update you here on the blog as soon as it is available for download.
Version 2017.1 will include some exciting new features, upgrades in performance, and will fix several issues reported by ON1 customers. We also wanted to let you know some of the new features and updates we outlined during the initial release (in December) are taking longer to integrate than we originally anticipated. Your feedback has been highly valuable in helping us prioritize what each update includes. We still plan on bringing more great new features and updates to ON1 Photo 2017 free of charge, but first, we are focusing on improving quality and boosting overall performance.
Here are some notes for what is included in 2017.1.
- NEW COLOR FILM PRESETS — These accurately reproduce the look of 30 current and classic color slide and negative films
- Faster, more accurate retouching and refine results — When you use the Perfect Eraser, Retouch Brush or Refine Brush we store and replay the results in a much faster way. This makes exporting faster, reloading faster and makes the previews in Browse consistent
- WINDOWS HIGH DPI SUPPORT — We have added support for greater than 100% display scaling. ON1 Photo now looks much better on Windows tablets and 4K displays
- NEW EDITED PHOTO BADGES — Now photos in edited in ON1 Photo 2017 are identified with a badge in Browse. Also the reset items in the Settings menu are context-sensitive so you can see what kind of edits you have added to a photo. Last but not least, when you return to Develop or Effects after editing, the panes and filters will be rolled-up so you have a quick list of what work you performed on a photo
- NEW WORKSPACES & STARTING-POINT PRESETS — For Develop, we have added two new categories of presets to help you configure the correct panes for different genres of photos.
- REDUCED VRAM USAGE — We have dramatically reduced the amount of VRAM needed. This means older video cards will work better and you can open larger panorama photos now
- FASTER BROWSE — We have made a ton of improvements to performance in Browse. Scrolling is now smoother, Detail and Filmstrip view are faster, rolling down sub-folders is faster and we made improvements to performance for slow drives like NAS devices
- NEW CAMERA UPDATES — Added support for: Canon PowerShot G9X Mark II, Fuji X-A3, Fuji X-T20, Fuji X100F, Panasonic DMC FZ80, Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82, Panasonic LUMIX DMC GH5, Panasonic LUMIX DMC LC1, Panasonic Lumix GX850, Pentax K-P, FujiFilm GFX 50S, Sony A99 MKII, Nikon B700 (preliminary), Autel Cameras.
- NEW SKY TEXTURES — We’ve added a bunch of new skies to the backgrounds and textures libraries for replacing skies or simulating multiple-exposures
- Added support for HDR and Panorama DNG.
- Additional bug fixes and performance upgrades
We also have several new and key features you can look forward to in the next release, 2017.2. These include essential new features like lens correction, CA removal, Kelvin temperature, and compare mode to name a few. We hope this update will be available for download in the mid-May/June time frame. As we get closer to delivering the release, we will also be posting updates here on the blog with an availability date. We have every intention of following through to bring you better performance, quality and new key features for ON1 Photo 2017 via free updates. You can check out what we’ve done so far and see what’s coming here.