December 2, 2016 | 3608 Views | By Dan Harlacher
First, I’d like to thank everyone who has downloaded the first Pre-Release for Photo RAW. Your feedback has been tremendous in helping us discover new issues we’ve been able to address quickly. We are excited to announce the second pre-release will be available Monday evening (Dec 5th). This update will address many of the outstanding issues and more. Rather than go over the entire list I’ll call out some of the more frequent issues.
- Significant stability increases (which will also increase even more leading up to December 19th)
- Fixed memory leaks which lead to slow performance and instability for some users
- Fixed several issues in Browse and changed the way Indexed Folders work
- This will make indexing faster and use less system resources. Our goal is to continue making Indexed Folders work in the background so there is little to no impact on your normal Browse usage. Keep in mind all indexing is paused when you are working in any app other than Browse (Develop, Effects, Layers, Resize)
- Fixed issue with Wacom pens not registering click events making Zoom and Masking Bug tools difficult
- Fixed issue where exported photos didn’t match the preview
- Fixed issue where Browse fit view didn’t match Develop/Effects
- Photos from the Canon 7D, 60D, 80D now show the full image dimensions
- Improved DNG processing, fixed some color issues with DNG
- Fixed an issue the Nikon D810 photos that caused a crash
- You can now browse Extras in the file browser inside of Layers (again)
- Improved support for many Panasonic cameras
We’re excited to say that this update will solve many of the issues we’ve seen and heard from the ON1 Community. At the same time, we’re continuing the drive to our official release on Dec 19th – ON1 Photo RAW 2017. The crop tool as well as the navigator/loupe/histogram are almost done and we’ll continue to drive out bugs ahead of the release.
NOTE: Please expect to receive an email Monday evening Pacific Time US. You can check the current time in Portland, Oregon here.