Remove Unwanted Objects from Your Photo
On a recent trip to Crater Lake I took this photo with my iPhone camera Pano setting. Using ON1 Layers tools Perfect Eraser and Clone Stamp I was able to remove the distracting rope, poles, and other park visitors.
The content aware Perfect Eraser technology is great for removing unwanted objects. In this photo, it was used to remove the people and poles.
The Clone Stamp tool duplicates a selection or set anchor point of the photo and allows you to paint it to another area of the photo. In this photo it was used for the people’s shadows in the snow and rope.
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
Patience is important, as the quote above insinuates if something isn’t working, try something different.
Tips for using Clone Stamp:
- Use a wide brush feather
- Set the anchor point on a similar tonal range
- Re-sample the anchor point often
Tips for using the Perfect Eraser:
- Brushing in different directions
- Try longer or shorter strokes to get different results
- Break down the object into smaller sections or brush strokes
Watch this getting started video: