Posts in the PhotoFrame 4.6 category:
Posted on September 5, 2012
PhotoFrame 4.6 is not included in Perfect Photo Suite 7. The most popular content included in PhotoFrame 4.6 can be found in Perfect B&W, Perfect Effects 4, and Perfect Layers 3. Videos for using this content in these three applications can be found here.
Posted on September 4, 2012
Although you will still be able to use PhotoFrame 4.6 as a standalone application, the product cannot be accessed from module selector in Perfect Photo Suite 7 standalone application. You will also be able to access PhotoFrame 4.6 using it as a plug-in for Lightroom, Photoshop, or Aperture the same way you access other onOne products from these host applications.
I am receiving the following error: “Could not write to the preference file. The disk may be full. You will not be able to save or load the settings” ( Windows only)
Posted on March 23, 2012
This error indicates your “user account” has unsupported characters. You will need to create a new user account with English only letters. Then install the product again to resolve the issue.
Please also review this article regarding non-English systems.
Posted on April 14, 2011
Perfect Layers can be accessed as a plug-in from inside of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. You can find it in the File > Plug-In Extras menu.
- If you select a single PSD file, the original file will be opened
- If you select a single TIF, JPG or RAW file, a PSD copy with the Lightroom adjustments applied will be opened and will be stacked with the original image
- If you select multiple files (PSD, TIF, JPG, RAW) PSD versions with Lightroom adjustments will be temporarily created and then merged into a new layered PSD file. The resulting file will be stacked with the first image in your Lightroom selection.
- If an image is already open in Perfect Layers when you access it from the Lightroom plug-in you have the option of adding the selected images to the open image or closing the open image and creating a new one.
You will be able to control via a preference which bit depth and color space you prefer.
Posted on December 2, 2010
The software was designed to transfer all the user presets. Some customers have reported the user presets are not appearing after updating to the current software.
Here are the instructions to manually move your presets from version 4.5 into the new version 4.6.
Macintosh preset location:
- Go to: Macintosh HDUsers<Active User>LibraryApplication SupportonOne SoftwarePhotoFrame 4.5Presets
- Locate the user created category or go to the folder where the presets are saved.
- Next, you can either copy your custom category into the 4.6 folder or copy individual presets into the same folder in the 4.6 folder.
- Example: You created a PhotoFrame 4.5 a preset called “My Amazing Preset” and decided to save it in the onOne Presets category. You will need to move “My Amazing Preset.pfo” from the onOne Preset folder in the 4.5 folder to the onOne Preset folder in 4.6.
- Move the presets to: Macintosh HDUsers<Active User>LibraryApplication SupportonOne SoftwarePhotoFrame 4.6Presets
Windows 4.5 Preset location
- Go to: C:Users<Active User>AppDataRoamingonOne SoftwarePhotoFrame 4.5Presets
- Move the presets to: C:Users<Active User>AppDataRoamingonOne SoftwarePhotoFrame 4.6Presets
- You can use the same instructions as the Mac (see example above): Copy the entire custom category folders into the 4.6 Stack Presets folder
- Individually created presets in one of the default categories can be moved into the associated 4.6 folder.
Posted on November 17, 2010
PhotoFrame 4.6 Professional edition is now available. This is a free update for all owners of PhotoFrame 4.5 Professional Edition. To download the updated version, please visit our product downloads page here.
NOTE: If you own the PhotoFrame 4.5 Standard Edition you will be able to upgrade to PhotoFrame 4.6 Professional Edition for the upgrade price.